We each hold infinite potential inside of us, but sometimes we are so busy giving to others that we forget to look inside ourselves. We forget to give ourselves time, appreciate ourselves, enjoy and accept ourselves.
We forget to LOVE ourselves.
And, my friends, love is the most abundant energy that we have out there. The more love we give, the more love is created from our ever-abundant source. And when we give love, we receive love in return in many different ways, constantly moving that abundant energy through ourselves and those around us.
However, we can have a tendency to fall into trouble when we don’t hold space for ourselves to allow us to receive our own love. It is absolutely vital that we hold this space and fill ourselves up with words of positive affirmations because we are often our own worst critics. We talk and think about ourselves in the worst possible ways, and by having these thoughts we are simply confirming to our brain that that’s the reality. We start to believe and we start to live by these false criticisms.
Have you ever had someone give you a compliment, and you immediately shoot it down or say it’s not true? This is your inner critic rising up. It’s a false reality.
So, we need a way to combat this critic. To bring more love into our lives and pull it from the source that we hold the key to.
Here are my top 5 tips to give yourself all the love you deserve:
- Every morning before you leave the house, stand in front of the mirror and look yourself in the eyes and repeat “I love you”. Do it as many times as you need. You should really try to connect with your soul and feel the love coming through from your heart space or chakra.
- Adopt an “attitude of gratitude” approach. When you start to become grateful for everything in your world then you will start to see through fresh new eyes. I like to keep a gratitude diary where I write down x5 things each evening that I was grateful for that day. If you want to go a step further, then start to make a conscious effort to use those manners that your mother taught you and say “thank you”.
- Try something new that you’ve always wanted to do. This could be something like a new sport, or painting or a new restaurant. Whatever it is, it has to be new.
- Do something each day that fills up your cup. Whether it’s cooking yourself a delicious meal, going on a walk or watching that movie you’ve been meaning to do for months. Really check in with yourself and how you’re feeling and decide what to do from there. A tip here: I would recommend to do whatever you choose without the distraction of your phone. This is your time to give yourself love; don’t let anybody distract you from that.
- Compliment yourself! Like, really compliment yourself. Stand in front of a mirror and admire what you see. Say it out loud. Tell yourself five things that you love about yourself. Focus on all of the good stuff you have going on.
These are only 5 things that I try to practice to give myself love. Once I’m loved up, I am able to give to others without feeling depleted of energy the end of the day.
Practice self-love every day.
If anybody has any other self-love practices that they want to share, please share them in the comments below! I’d love to hear.